Monday, June 15, 2009

Dubois, WY


Day 35

Miles Completed: 2,667

Approximate Miles Remaining: 933 (please note that the estimated full distance to Seattle has increased to 3,600, as the first 3,400 figure was an estimate and we now have a much better idea of the route)

Kyle has been making great progress! Today Kyle rode to Dubois, WY, just 50 miles southeast of Grand Teton National Park. He has been making great time for the past few days despite a steady headwind as well as intermittent showers. He rode to Lander, WY last evening and is schedule to enter the parks tomorrow.

See Kyle on the Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=dubois%2C%20wy&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Here is a quote from Kyle’s e-mail today:

“I made it to Dubois just in time because it looks like it's gonna rain. The wind has been in my face the last couple of days and it will be good to get into more sheltered country. The ride here was very scenic and people continue to be very nice (one man pulled up beside me and asked if I needed anything). I'm not sure what I'll do for lodging tonight, but if I end up choosing a room to evade the thundershowers, I'll make sure to give you a call. I hope everything is well with you guys and I look forward to seeing/talking with you soon :-) Love, Kyle”

No comments:

Post a Comment